NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Woooohoooo!!!! World Cup Fever Begins........!

Obviously Friday sees the BIGGEST football tournament in the WORLD begin (that's a round ball my American friends!!!). Obviously it starts on Friday - but our first match (England) is on Saturday against of all people the USA!! Well, since we're not a patriotic nation and things like this start to stir patrionism a little, this little old lady is showing us EXACTLY how it should be done!!!

thequeen.png

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is that then ???? and wot is other stuff about a cup thing ????
It's my mum! I've been telling her to get those teeth fixed - she can't afford it!

Oh I've had to edit this! I have had a PM actually querying whether this is my mother, because she looks so much like someone called Elizabeth!! Well, my mother would be affronted - this woman is 25 years older than her ~ and yes, chaps, it is HRH Queen Elizabeth II !!!

Edited by JillyBeanz

Whats that?

The World Cup!!!! Football (or as the folks from the U S of A like to call it - in my best American accent) SOCCER! Who gave them permission to change it's name anyway! FOOTBALL, FOOTIE!!! I take it you'll not be watching on Saturday then Judy!!!

I share your enthusiasm Jill but I fear England will not do too well overall. Think we'll beat the Americans though.

Finally! A lover of the great game!!! Ha Ha!! I kind of agree with you Julie ~ especially after watching the friendly on Wednesday night - they were playing a team probably equivalent to Torquay ~ and they were absolutely pants!! Still, it's an excuse for a beer or two in the afternoon!!!

Oh I'm going to watch these games although i'm not a big fan of soccer. But I do love to see Americans beat the British!!!! Go team!!!!

Ha Ha Ha! To use a line from our World Cup Anthem "Come and Have a Go if you Think You're Hard Enough"!!!! And Janet - IT'S FOOTBALL - NOT SOCCER!!!!!

Oh I'm going to watch these games although i'm not a big fan of soccer. But I do love to see Americans beat the British!!!! Go team!!!!

soccer-anim-soccer-player-male-smil.gif

LOL you won't be seeing the Americans beat the British any time soon as the British don't have a team, come to think of it I don't think they'll beat the ENGLISH any time soon either ;-)

The Brazilians are soooo good though! You can see them playing on every bit of waste land, in every street, on the beach etc when you are there - it is incredible. Little toddlers are actively encouraged to start kicking the ball - the skill in the kids is unbelievable! The Brazilian football players are so admired and it keeps the kids off the (sometimes) extremely dangerous streets. I love watching the professionals for their skills - brilliant!!!

The Brazilians are soooo good though! You can see them playing on every bit of waste land, in every street, on the beach etc when you are there - it is incredible. Little toddlers are actively encouraged to start kicking the ball - the skill in the kids is unbelievable! The Brazilian football players are so admired and it keeps the kids off the (sometimes) extremely dangerous streets. I love watching the professionals for their skills - brilliant!!!

Brazil are always one of the favourites to win and I'd be quite happy to see them win. I expect ENGLAND will be knocked out by the Germans and probably on penalties, that is the usual scenario.

Brazil are always one of the favourites to win and I'd be quite happy to see them win. I expect ENGLAND will be knocked out by the Germans and probably on penalties, that is the usual scenario.

Ha Ha! Ever the optimist!!! But, alas, probably and absolutely correct!!! Michael always adopts Spain as his team for some unknown reason!!! So, hopefully Spain may do well past the qualifying and I might get to see them on my hollies!!! Woohooo!!! Roll on 3 July!!!