NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Grey Mom

Greetings,

I am the new mom of a 3-month-old baby CAG, male, named Moussa.

We have had parrots in our family for a while now, but this is our first grey, and we are finding him to be a whole 'nother kind of bird. He's very active and curious and mischievous, and looking after him is like trying to keep up with a toddler.

I am looking forward to the community, good advice and support that you guys seem to offer.

Our flock:

Izze (lovebird)

Pixel (parrotlet)

Tazo and Jamba (BCCs)

Daisy (SC)

Iris (PI)

Gwyneth (U2/G2 hybrid)

Goodness me - you've got quite a zoo going on there!! You are clearly a well versed parront and I look forward to you sharing your stories with us (which I'm sure you have plenty)! You've picked the right name for yourself - and I always salute people with more than one fid - cos I couldn't do it!!!

You are bang on about how different a grey is though - and your description of a toddler has hit the nail on the head. I hope you enjoy it here - everyone's really friendly and there's a 24 hour presence, with it being such an international forum. Any questions you have, just ask away - nothing is deemed silly, but you'll definitely find that Moussa has different needs and wants to your other birds - I hope you find all you are looking for here though.

Now to the demands we require for the forum - WHERE'S THE PHOTOS OF YOUR TRIBE!! :)

Once again, welcome - I look forward to learning more about you all x

Jilly, you're right. It is quite a zoo. I feel stretched pretty thin sometimes, but they do keep me laughing.

Every bird has its own personality and interacts in its own special way. The blue-"clown" conures are amazing talkers, especially Tazo. I teach her little tricks: she can sing a little song, play peek-a-boo, cluck like a chicken, etc. But then she learns the prompts and follows me around the room demanding that I do the tricks for her: "You wanna sing?," "Wanna play peek-a-boo?", "How does the chicken go?"

Fortunately, our home has sealed concrete floors, and we have given over the downstairs master bedroom to the birds.

Hello Birdnut and welcome to our family and wow you do have quite a flock but congrats on adding a grey.

It must keep you busy with all those birds but now you have a perpetual toddler who you will be chasing after and trying to keep out of trouble for the rest of your life what what a ride it will be.

You have come to the right place for we have loads of information in our numerous threads and many knowledgeable members who will help you in any way we can all you have to do is ask questions.

We do love pictures here so if you have some of Moussa you would share with us and we have an other birds room where you can share pics of the others.

I'm not very accomplished with pictures, but will endeavor to get some up soon.

Yes, Judygram, I am looking forward to learning a lot here. These birds keep me learning all the time: about birds, about myself, about patience and acceptance. I think a lot of what I've learned about what does and does not work in dealing with birds has carried over to how I deal with people.

I am glad to learn that many of the members of the board have flighted birds. Our birds are flighted, and while it does bring extra challenges and some risks (which we work to control), it just felt right to us. Moussa was clipped at the store, but is so strong, he's still managing to make short flights and is getting better and better about controlling his flights and landings.