NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Basic Feeding Schedules

caleigha

I've read a lot of comments you all have made about feeding your birds, and they have me wondering if I'm doing things right. Can you give me an idea of what (if any!) food is always available to your grey (pellets?), what you give at certain times a day, and how often you give treats?

I guess I'd just like to hear about how you feed your birds - the schedule you use.

Thanks so much!!!

You should keep all solid food in the cage available 24/7(seeds--pellets). Birds don't eat like humans. They eat all day long whenever they want to eat.

Any vegetables you give usually have to be removed after about 2 hrs because they soften up and become a bit mushy.

Treats can be given at any time you want either as a treat or as an add on to their food. Some people use items as treats when training and others use treats just to give the bird a treat. Treats come in different forms. Some are very healthful to a bird such as almonds . I don't use treats for training. I just give them when I feel like it. Others do it differently.

Most of the time, after getting your bird used to veggies, it's best to give them in the morning.