NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Tickles before bedy-bys?

KHAN

Just wondering if anyone else has the same ritual? Every night before Kaan goes to bed he comes to me for his night-time tickles, practically the only time he really likes them.

It takes between 10-20 mins and he gets his cheeks, neck, head and throat smoothed and tickled and there's no way he will ever goto bed without it. And if I miss a time I get snubbed until the next night!

He comes over and puts his beak on my left hand so I hold his beak and he turns his head left or right for whatever side he wants done at the time.

Very cute.

Yes, our Grey must get in 20 to 30 minutes with my wife of Moma scratches, cuddles etc. before going to bed.

These have become less over the last year though as he ages, he is now 3. Some nights, he will just sit somewhere, preen, lift a leg up and chill until it's bedtime.

I love the night time ritual.

I go round all 4 in the same order to give them all a love. All you can hear is their wings creaking as they stretch then they all spoil the moment when they take a final dump before they are covered lol!

They are all so affectionate at night time, one of my favourite times of day, they are so cute x