NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Why is my baby's poop all watery

mrjayd

Well I actually just noticed it the last couple days. It is not always all water, sometimes there is the green stool looking piece mixed in but sometimes it seems like all water.

Describe her poop please, and how long has it been this way?Jayd

The poop should have 3 components, 1, solid gree/brn string, Feces, 2 White paste, urate, 3 water, urine. due to the fact the baby is on formula there will be more water. Food, fruit increases the amount of water, cut down fruit to 1 small piece a day. Your formula can be to thin! make it a little thicker. You can try Ozro pasta, cooked well. please keep a close check on this, keep weighing each morning after the big poop. jayd

• 2 weeks later...
We all hope everything is okay! Haven't heard from you!!!!!

Jayd

Oh hey jayd thanks for asking. Just been busy. She is doing good. She is down about 40 g since I got her about three weeks ago. She just flies constantly and I called the vet and they said this is normal bit I am taking her in for a checkup anyway this Saturday. I am still feeding her twice a day but she doesn't seem to eat eveything else like she uses to. I mean she eats but just picks at things. She seems healthy and very active just not a good eater.

:confused: A baby usually drops around 10% of their body weight when they start to fly, they're more interested in flying then eating... You can add a 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter, Skippy's Natural or Laura Scudder to the formula, mix it in good, they love it. You can get "Zupreem Embrace plus, or Exact Macaw formula", which is higher in fat and protein which our Grey's need! This is the only formula I use. Peanut butter works great, plus they like it, Spock's still on it!!!!:D

Jayd

Any photos?

:confused: A baby usually drops around 10% of their body weight when they start to fly, they're more interested in flying then eating... You can add a 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter, Skippy's Natural or Laura Scudder to the formula, mix it in good, they love it. You can get "Zupreem Embrace plus, or Exact Macaw formula", which is higher in fat and protein which our Grey's need! This is the only formula I use. Peanut butter works great, plus they like it, Spock's still on it!!!!:D

Jayd

Any photos?

well that's about right then cuz she was 385g when I got her and she is down to about 345 now. I use Embrace plus and she eat 55-60 twice a day. Will the peanut butter disolve in the formula? I will try and post some pics later after work.

well that's about right then cuz she was 385g when I got her and she is down to about 345 now. I use Embrace plus and she eat 55-60 twice a day. Will the peanut butter disolve in the formula? I will try and post some pics later after work.
That's a good weight, Yes, Add your formula to the hot water like you do, then min in approx 1/2 teaspoon, it stirs in real easy, nice and creamy, if you feel it's to thick, add a dab of water..

Thanks

Jayd

Well just got back from the vet for Nala's initial checkup and she passed with flying colors. She weighed in at 420g and what makes me mad is I weighed her before I left to the vet on my so-called professional scale that I payed over $100 for and she only weighed 360g on that. So all this time I have been weighing her and thought she was under weight, my scale has been way off. But even according to my scale she was up about 20g from last week so she is definitely putting some weight back on. The vet told me she has some really big feet and that she could possible reach close to 500g.

About what age do they reach their peak weight?