NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

corner cages??

eubankclare

Does anyone have a corner cage and do you like it?

Im looking at

Liberta Corner Parrot Cage

Technical Details:

•Height 157 cm or 62 inches

•Width 60 cm or 24 inches

•Length 60 cm or 24 inches

•Available in Liberta Corner Parrot Cage

•Weighs 27.0 kgs

•Made from Powder Coated Wrought Iron

•Bar spacing: 20 mm

lib.jpg

What do you all think?

I don't think too much of corner cages to be honest, they usually don't have the space for them to be able to spread their wings and not touch the sides plus the fact that if you ever want to move the cage somewhere else it must be another corner its moved to, it would have to be an awfully big one to provide the wing span space, you are better off going with a rectangular one in my opinion.

• Haha 1

I had that exact cage for my Amazon, he seemed to like it. Was a nice cage & decent quality, it went with him when he went back to live with his Mum (the ex). They are great if you are stuck for space but can just fit a corner cage in but as Judy says if you ever want to move it you are a little limited to where it can go. I have Murphy in a different & better position than my Amazon was & wouldn't have been able to do it if I still had the corner cage so just be sure that's where you want the cage to go. I think I've seen a wider version of that cage if you want to give more space to your bird.

I looked at these cages when I was thinking about getting a parrot, and didn't think much of them. I felt that there was a lot of wasted space "downwards" and like Judy says, it should have been wider. Once you get a few toys in and change the dowell rods to branches, there's not much space to move.

Thanks everyone, as im looking for my first cage its bril that I have all of you to help me decide. I can fit a rectangular cage in the room so think ill be going for that.

But I def want one with a play top, so i can just open it up and he/she can come out to play

Morgan stays pretty much in the upper half of his cage. I have never seen him go to the grate to play. That said, any tall cage has wasted space in it, at least for my bird. Now, turn it into a triangle instead of a rectangle, and you've lost even more space. I would personally not consider a corner cage, unless your room/space absolutely demanded it. You want to give your bird as much play space as you can.

Great news! A rectangular cage with a playtop, and the playtop that I have has things that I can hang HUGE toys from, we both love that! Go as big as you can afford, but definately more width than 2 feet. As Jill says, once you add branches and toys, the cage fills up fast!

I like the one corner cage we have and so do the birds. They seem to play musical chairs with the cages and that one is the most popular. The bad feature is that it is harder to paper the floor of the cage -just a bit awkward. It is an older cage and opens on top as well as having two big front doors. It was Pookie's (CAG) cage but Fred (Too) has taken it and some times Gunner the Timor is in it a bed time for birdies.