NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What are these Birds??

Luvparrots

Does anyone know what kinds of parrots these are?

012-6..jpg He was very hard to get a picture of as he wouldn't be still 015-7.jpg

And does anyone know what this bird is? 017-6.jpg

I believe this is an Amazon, right??

021-5..jpg

Any help is appreciated as I might re-home one of these guys. Thanks Janet

The Lg Green bird is a Mitered Conure, The small photo looks like a Blue front Amazon,[young] I'll have to check, The one with the horn collored bill I belive is Alexander Parakeet, let me check.. Get back in a few minutes...Jayd

Psittacula , is the nearest match I can find,[female Indian? ringneck parakeet] The colors aren't exactly right. I can't see the photo to good. The Orange wing Amazon doesn't look to old, good bird. A Mitered conure can be loud, Buddy our rescue is a Mitered conure. Wish I had better photo's.Jayd

• Haha 1

Thanks Jay, like I said the alexandrine-parakeet would not be still, but here is a picture on this site that looks a lot like it: http://www.parrot-bird.com/alexandrine-parakeet-info.html

so thank you.

I was able to look up the Mitred conure with the name you supplied and yup that's the bird. You are so good with knowing your birds!!!!

As for the orange-winged Amazon, you have that right on as shown in the other picture I took. I should have posted this one but I thought the other was better. But now that I know the name, I can easily see the orange on the wing: 019-4.jpg

This amazon's beak is very long and pointed, I hope it is healthy.

Thanks for your help Jay on finding these guys' names for me. I now owe you!!!

Edited by luvparrots

I agree Mitered Conure is the last one, Not an Alexandrine they have a large red colored beak and a pink ring around the back 3/4 of the neck, perhaps a Blue Crowned Conure and the large one with the horn colored bill confuses me. Both the Mitered and the Blue Crowned are excellent birds not as loud as some of the Conures and larger than Suns or Nandays. Maybe a Cherry Headed Conure? 332d1207981438-f-s-cherry-head-conures-baby-conure-small.jpg

I agree Mitered Conure is the last one, Not an Alexandrine they have a large red colored beak and a pink ring around the back 3/4 of the neck, perhaps a Blue Crowned Conure and the large one with the horn colored bill confuses me. Both the Mitered and the Blue Crowned are excellent birds not as loud as some of the Conures and larger than Suns or Nandays. Maybe a Cherry Headed Conure? 332d1207981438-f-s-cherry-head-conures-baby-conure-small.jpg

A cherry-headed[red-front] conure has a full red head, Blue crowned conure' [as photo shows has blk lower mandible, eyes are not the same. Other two, a Mitered and Orange wing. A IRN or Alex female has no ring on neck,and a lighter colored candy beak, same as a Eclectus. There's a number of Alex sub species, another close candidate is the"Green Conure" biggest problem is the coloring on the wing. Janet said it looked like a picture of a female Alex......Our mitered [buddy] is as large as our Amazon [salsa]....

Jayd

I am thinking of the orange-wing amazon. Her name is Betsy and she is wild catch and they believe around 30 years old. I have to go look at her some more and really think about this. Thanks for everyone's help, I truly appreciate the help.

That would be a Great choice Janet....

http://www.avianweb.com/orangewingedamazon.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange-winged_Amazon

http://www.parrots.org/index.php/encyclopedia/profile/orange_winged_amazon/

The main thing you want to check for is "Fatty Lumps" they can even be on the meaty part of the wing. A Orange-wing is easy to maintain and feed, Most love to bathe, There not as noisy as most Amazons and that's usually around 6pm.Their easy to quiet down, just give them attention! They don't have the baggage like a Grey! As said before: If a Amazon falls, he says "Oh-Well", where a Grey will think about what would happen if he fell. Jayd