NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New here and unsure,

Hello, my name is Dan and i have just brought home my first CAG. I have Affectionately named her Hermes. Ill be taking him to the vet to get sexed and inspected to make sure she is healthy and in good working order. lol. This is my first time belonging to a forum of any kind and i hope that im doing this right and not breaking any rules.

Other news, Hermes is almost a full year old. His hatch date was 8/9/09

When i got Hermes i picked her from the others due to an amazing personality. but i fear for his flying ability due to missing tail feathers. they were broken and pulled out by her clutch-mates over the last 6 months. i hope the vet will be able to see whats going on and give me directions on helping Hermes with his tail.

im trying to set up a diet that i can feed Hermes that will be good tasting and good for her. but he seems to be a picky eater. gotta work on that.

That's all i have for now, ill be adding to this tomorrow after our appointment to give a definitive answer to what sex Hermes actually is.

Have a pleasant evening everyone.

Dan.

Welcome to the forums. Hermes is a great name. This is a great place to learn. I joined a little under a year ago when planning to get my parrot. My baby is named Hawkins and is younger than yours. He has been with me almost two months and was born January 7th, 2010. It is awesome. Welcome to the grey family!

Welcome Hermes and Dan. Your doing Grey't here. Food is a subject you'll have no trouble finding out about on this forum, plus everything under the sun that's needed to own and take of a Grey!!!, Something we do need, is Photo's, we love Photos...Thanks

Jayd, Maggie, Spock and the Flock

Hello Dan and welcome to our family, we are so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Hermes. That is an unusual name, does it have any special meaning?

You are doing exactly right Dan and you will get used to the forum and they way it works very quickly so make yourself at home and have a look around and while you are at it do read thru the many threads for lots of useful and helpful information and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

You will find many threads in the bird food room on what you should be feeding your grey, also a list of things to avoid as there are things that are toxic to our birds.

You are doing the right thing to take Hermes to the vet for a complete checkup, your avian vet will have some ideas and suggestions for you but it will take a little time for those feathers to be replaced and when they are then he will be able to fly once again.

On more thing is do you have any pictures of Hermes you would share with us as we love to admire each other's birds.