NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Spock Speaks!

Spock

Zen for Birds in One Easy Lesson: Lately, Spock has been very affectionate toward Jay and I (I know, who are you and what have you done with Spock!). He comes over for hugs and cuddles quite often during the day and evening and will fly over to Jay while he is on the computer and coo-coo's in his ear. It is very relaxing... and then it dawned on us....Being in the desert, outside in our yard, we have a number of wild Ring-neck Doves and Spock's favorite quiet past-time is spent on the back of the couch, staring out of the window. He is making the same cooing sounds the doves make. When he makes these sounds, he is very calm...it is very soothing to him and us.

Is it possible that he understands the cooing is a relaxing sound and uses that cooing to bring on a sense of well-being and quiet? Hmmmmm.....:confused:

Maggie

That is just too sweet. I love that he gets quiet when he coos. I wonder if the coos are because he is Zen or if he gets Zen by doing the coo-mantra? LOL. Whatever the case, I am glad you don't have peacocks or guinnea hens on the other side of Spock's window. And, I want to come to your house and see out your window and hear Spock coo to see if soothes my soul too.

Awww. The Baltimore Oriels came back a couple of weeks ago and Kito picked up their song right away. Loud, but pretty. I'm so glad turkey hunting season is over because I came home one day to hear my husband practicing that terrible squawk call in the house. Thankfully Kito decided not to copy that noise. See, there is something way worse than crows Xtreme575!

Is it possible that he understands the cooing is a relaxing sound and uses that cooing to bring on a sense of well-being and quiet?

I think yes. I recently heard Alfie "talking" to Jackdaws in their language and I wondered if they were understanding each other. I think Spock most definitely will understand the tone and the mood, if nothing else. How sweet - I love listening to doves cooing....well done Spock - you're a smart one!

He is making the same cooing sounds the doves make. When he makes these sounds, he is very calm...it is very soothing to him and us.

Is it possible that he understands the cooing is a relaxing sound and uses that cooing to bring on a sense of well-being and quiet? Hmmmmm.....:confused:

Maggie

That sounds a logical course of action, he must be practising the ancient Vulcan techniques of meditation ( Wh'ltri ) which they do from a young age.

That is super cool that Spock has picked up such a sweet sound. I like it when Issac coos really close to my ear, the sound is so pure and sweet. On the flip side, he is picking up some of my Conures annoying noises for which I am not so grateful...lol. And he does it perfectly, sometimes I cannot tell which one is doing it. Thankfully he only exercises them around feeding time and stops. (This would be one of those noises i do not respond to.) I was afraid that would happen, but it's only one among many other very pleasent noises Issac makes.

Edited by Elvenking

That sounds a logical course of action, he must be practising the ancient Vulcan techniques of meditation ( Wh'ltri ) which they do from a young age.

Spock here! Logial yes, but I have trouble crossing my legs!!!!!

Spock

Tai nasha no karosha