NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

undesirable noise causing strain!

Girltron

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a very well thought out answer and you were only supplying credentials for your background training and experience. I would like to copy your listed remarks for behavior extinguishing as they were right on in my book. I would hope we are not all that thin skinned and it does sound like girltron is in a difficult postion trying to make this situation work between the members feathered and smooth in her household. Finally gets the bird of her dreams and the dreams are more challenging than she had imagined-funny how those small behaviors can make such a difference between easy fit and having to really work at it.

Yep-Francis is still squeaking away, but as I expected his new bedtime really cuts out a lot of the annoyance level for my husband. I suspect he's squeaking less, but I haven't counted in awhile. He came up with a super-loud hawk sounding screech awhile back, and it's one of his new favorites, but Frank doesn't seem to mind that one!

He came up with a super-loud hawk sounding screech awhile back, and it's one of his new favorites, but Frank doesn't seem to mind that one!

That is what many of us refer to as the Pterodactyl coming out. It is a natural sound and is used when they are excited and play fighting or when they are afraid of something. Has anything new been added in the cage, near it or any furniture items moved that may induce fear and thus cause the Pterodactyl scream?

It is good to hear the bedtime ritual has reduced the agitation level for your husband.

Hm. Pterodactyl scream. That about covers it. So far as I could tell, nothing had changed near him the day he first did the noise. He didn't do it at all yesterday, and only a couple of times on Saturday I think, but if you'll notice my plucking post, Francis had a rather stressful weekend for reasons we still don't quite understand. He was doing police sirens this weekend mostly.

An ongoing issue with us is trying to reduce sexual frustration for him. Maybe the noise has something to do with that.