NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Morgan's biting

dw310

Morgan is fixated on my ear!!! He hasn't gotten a piece of it (yet) but I really don't like it.

When we're in the living room, he often comes to sit on the back of my chair, or on my shoulder. Do I handle this by forbidding him to sit behind me or on my shoulder? I can tell, he REALLY wants a piece of my ear! It really hurts when he does it, though, like I implied, no blood yet.

Thanks for your thoughts.

If he won't leave your ear alone then you will have to discontinue his shoulder privileges, some greys can sit on shoulders and not bother the face or any part of the head and some just want to nibble or bite whatever they fancy and if he is determined to have a piece of your ear then he more than likely will do so in the near future. When he tries to go for the shoulder take the other arm and block him and vice versa, it will take a while for him to get the message but if you have concerns about your ear staying in one piece then you must make the decision to keep him off so he can't get to it.

Judy is completely right... If you wish to try and keep Morgan on your shoulder you should teach him the only time he can be on your shoulder is when he's invited! Teach him the same way as "step up", perch him on your finger, chest high, ask him jf he would like to "step-up" to your shoulder, place him on your shoulder with "step-down", in 1 minute, tell him "step-up" and remove him. Any beaking, is "I don't like that!", and removal. The only way he gets on your shoulder is by " your finger and step up.... Jayd

George likes ears too and on two occasions has drew blood from my partners ear. and stabbed him in the back of the head with his beak which bled too.Has not done anything like this to me yet altho im aware when he is on my shoulder that he could bite anytime. the funny thing is he really likes my partner and always lands on him and takes more of an interest in him than me, so why bite him and not me? he has sum toys he likes to play with and atack so im wondering if he thinks he is playing when he bites him lol