NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Member, Old "Owner"

elchucko

We had a Grey living with us for 10 years. His was hand fed by me. Unfortunately for us we had to find a new home for him. His new friends are wonderful and he has adopted the new family. My question is this, will "Buster" recognize me, the one who hand fed and he bonded with over those 10 years? If so, how many years out will he still remember?

Fond memories of him. Maybe sometime in the far future, another Grey will find us!

It's been 5 months since we've seen him.

I hate to be the one to say it, but it's better for Buster if he don't see you. Have the people email or call you, you have to break it off completely, for Buster, I've seen it many time, especially with a Grey. I'm sorry..Jayd

Aww why did you have to find him a new home if you don't mind me asking? Yoshi is a little over a year old now and we go back to see the lady who hand raised her every month or two. Yoshi definitely recognizes her as she is immediately friendly with her... She takes a while to warm up to anyone she hasn't been around much. It's interesting though as she likes the breeder still but her main bond is with me for sure. If I move away Yoshi soon panics as she doesn't want to be left behind. She's my baby :)

I expect they will remember you for a long time, but as you both age and the years go by the memories fade... Just like with everyone. This makes me think about the Quaker parrot I loved so much but had to give away before I left for the Air Force... That was about 4 years ago and I haven't seen him since so I doubt he still remembers me but you never know!

10 years is a long time though... So I'm guessing you will be a fond memory for a long time :)

Edited by jessdecutie18