NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Tuna/ fish

eubankclare

HI

I have not got a gray yet but as i was making my dinner today (tuna pasta) I wondered if grays can have tuna or fish?

I know they would be ok with the pasta and sweetcorn but just wondered about the tuna. Just thought it would be nice in the future to make meals we could all have

Thanks

Clare

They certainly can have fish - but I wouldn't give tinned tuna, usually due to the fact that it's preserved in brine (salty water) - but any fresh tuna is fine. If you added mayonnaise to your tuna pasta though, this is a no, no as the mayonnaise is made with raw eggs, which mustn't be fed to our greys.

Other than the seven most deadly items to a grey:

* Chocolate

* Alcohol

* Seeds of any fruit

* Raw meat

* Uncooked eggs

* Any food that may have mold or may have spoiled (including seeds)

Most of what we eat can be consumed by our greys - but just as certain items are "bad" for humans, they are also "bad" for our birds. Remember - they only weigh a pound or so, and therefore levels of salt and sugar which aren't good for humans, are distinctly bad for our greys.

Remember - everything safe in moderation - and your grey will have a healthy, balanced diet.

HaHaHa Jay that is tooo cute! I'm going to print that picture out and show it to Rene and be like "SEE SPOCK EATS IT!!!" LoL and if you don't mind me asking where would you get the spring water tuna?? I never noticed any packed that way...

Spock is right, here in the USA we have a choice of what our canned tuna is packed in and I always choose the spring water packed kind, in fact I have never tried the oil packed as I always prefer the other.

You can add onions and mushrooms, carbonated drinks of any kind and tea and coffee to that list of things never to feed your grey.

I had fresh shrimp and broccoli for dinner last night and had to tussle Ana Grey for a whole shrimp!!!!! The little stinker is always stealing my dinner. I guess her half yours, half mine meant the shrimp was hers and the broccoli was mine!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, clearly tuna isn't brimming around the shores of the UK - so we have to have it overly salted, or overly oiled! Packed in spring water must retain the tuna's taste much better! I don't think it's an option here though :(

I can float you a can! Ahh, Colorado River via North Pole, Ahh I'm Lost!!!!! Jayd

Hi

We can get tuna in spring water, Asda and Tesco sell it :) I always buy it as i dont like it in oil or that really smelly brine :P

Ha Ha! Well, that's the last time you listen to a vegetarian advising you on the shopping list!!! :) Excellent - even better - your new grey will be able to enjoy your tuna pasta COMPLETELY with you!! :)

PS. That's my favourite picture ever of Spock :)