NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Looking for films that feature Greys

PrettyPax

Hello All,

This thread is very similar to an earlier one I posted, but I thought I'd start it again. For those of of you who don't know me (I reckon that would be everyone!!), I'm a huge film nut . I've been on the lookout for movies/documentaries that feature African Greys and I'd be very grateful to anyone who might be able to contribute to my "list". So far, I have 3 and they are all of British origin. 1.) Black Narcissus - 1948, 2.)Ghost Train-1940, and Monty Python's Flying Circus (the "untitled" episode and it's a fake parrot, but it's clearly an AG) - 1969.

Please please help.

Lauren&Pax

Hello All,

Monty Python's Flying Circus (the "untitled" episode and it's a fake parrot, but it's clearly an AG) - 1969.

Ha Ha! I'll go one further - IT'S A DEAD PARROT!! I love Monty Python!!! (don't jump on me for laughing at a dead parrot - you really have to see it before you understand)!!!! :P

What a great thread Lauren - thanks for starting it. I look forward to yours (and other's) findings :)

There is a series on youtube that is called "Where the Wild Grey's Are". However, I caution because it shows quite a dark side of Parrot trade. If you search this on youtube you will find the 3 part series. If anything, it raises awareness about illegal pet trade and wild Greys. It will wrench your heart, I warn again.

Edited by Elvenking

Ha Ha! I'll go one further - IT'S A DEAD PARROT!! I love Monty Python!!! (don't jump on me for laughing at a dead parrot - you really have to see it before you understand)!!!! :P

What a great thread Lauren - thanks for starting it. I look forward to yours (and other's) findings :)

Best Monty Python skit ever! Here it is for those who have not had the pleasure of seeing this.

You guys are awesome. I have seen the youtube documentary on Greys - and yes, it's a heartbreaking film (at times) , yet the footage of AGs in the wild is valuable and extremely rare. I've just started watching Monty Python on netflix streaming - what a great series!! I was so excited to see a Grey!! I have like, 30 episodes to go, and I may yet see another AG. I promise to keep y'all posted.

Another film that may or may not have an AG (it's been years since I've seen it) is "Ace Ventura:Pet Detective"(1994). There's a scene with Jim Carrey and a bunch of parrots perched on his arm. Does anyone know for certain whether one of them is an AG?