NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cockatiel cage for and African Grey.

pearllyn

I'm just wondering if something like this would be ok for Alfie for short spells?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380233822763&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Now before anyone jumps on me about how inappropriate it would be to put a CAG in a Tiel cage, we're going camping this summer and rather than take her current travel cage, which I think would be a tad small, I wondered if this would be fine for the trips. It's really the bar spacing I'm wondering about, would they be ok, or could toes or something get stuck. She'll hopefully be out and harnessed more than she's caged - just somewhere to sleep and travel, and ...........well you get my drift. Thoughts please?

x

I don't see any problem with it as long as"""""She'll hopefully be out and harnessed more than she's caged - just somewhere to sleep and travel.

It seems to be the same size as a travel cage. Bar spacing is more important concerning cages in which a bird lives in permanently at home.

I have a wire travel cage that I use for my grey when I travel. As long as the bar spacing is okay for parrots why not. If you are like me, my grey is out of her cage more than in at home or on vacation. Enjoy and Alfie will be fine because being with you and your hubby is most tantamount to your grey!!! Of course there will be oodles of pictures of this camping trip to share with us, right???? 2963.gif

Thanks folks. It was really the bar spacing I was concerned about, but if you lot think this'll be ok, that's good enough for me!! This sort of cage is about double the size of her travel cage, it just gives her a bit more space.

And yes Janet - I suspect there will be many photos!!! LOL!!!!

Just so you know, it's not the sturdiest cage in the world.

Thanks Malikah, that would def be an issue as the cage would be traveling in a camper with us! I may keep looking, although we had a little trial run at the weekend and she did fine in her own travel cage, so we may not need a bigger one - we'll see!

Thanks everyone.

Edited by pearllyn
spelling mistake

camping? The cage is definitely too small. After all, where will you put all of us?

Lol - I read the first half dozen words and thought "oh no!" Hahahahahaaa - we have a big tent!!!

Jess, it was great fun - I haven't been camping in ages!

Thanks Judy, I think it did her fine. I'll hold off getting another till we've been away for a few days - I think the one she has will do her.

Lyn, I agree, the one that you had pics posted of looked plenty large enough to me. Plus, it has great spacing on the bars, so Alphie can have a good look around. I've used my travel cage which is very similar to the one that you have for nearly a week on a trip to my parent's place. He got lots of time out and did great. Plus, if Alphie is anything like Paco, I'll bet she loves to hang upside down and flip in that cage.

Plus, if Alphie is anything like Paco, I'll bet she loves to hang upside down and flip in that cage.

Lol - you are quite right!! She does that a lot!

Hmm Paul - that's true. Right then - decision made. I'll stick with the old one for now. Thanks folks!