NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

recommend good breeders?

Ozzysmom

She is very good and has a video cam and all sorts of things to ease your waiting. I did notice she doesn't have any grey's right now but I would say it is worth waiting. She doesn't let anyone in her aviary. That made me suspicious at first but its for all the right reasons as she keeps illness out that way. A number of years ago in California some avian illness were going around. I have had Hawkins about a month and a week or so and he just keeps getting better. One thing she does is use her older, pet Grey's help to socialize the babies so they understand healthy parrot behaviour.

Hi Everyone....I am new here. i am from Philadelphia PA. I was looking for a nreeder and someone on the board gave me info on a exotic bird store here in the area. Its 1000.00 dollars for a CAG...you pick the baby they put a band around the foot and the baby is weened...you can come up and visit and when the baby is ready, you take it home. I was looking around to see if I could find something cheaper and here is someone who contacted me. Said they are breeders in FL. They are selling 2 CAG males and Female DNA tested 6 months old with a travel cage for $500.00...they will only sell them in pairs. They said they would ship the birds to me...i was concerend about giving them any money. They said I would pay the airline and that if I wasnt happy with the birds, the airline would return my money. They wouldnt get any money unless I accepted delivery. Has anyone ever heard of this before? THANKS

RMullen - I would be very leery of any breeder willing to ship birds under the circumstance where they could be returned randomly.

First of all, most reputable breeders in the United States will actually give a better guarantee, from 4 days to a week to have the new babies checked out by a vet.

I don't know if that is true about the airline. I think it is possible to reject any package, including live animals but the ethics involved just make me really concerned.