NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Mezmo and my flock

One day last december my Sister in law calls and asks us if we would like to give a home to a bird in need of a good home. After hearing his story my wife couldn't refuse. I was apprehensive since it had only been a year since the tragic accident that took my first grey away. But when faced with my pregnant wife crying telling his sad story.. I couldn't say no. Plus our house just felt like it was missing a big piece. The silence is deafening. Once you live with a parrot it's hard not to.

Mezmo is a CAG. His previous owner was a hypnotist. (at least that is what we were told) He was training Mezmo, but had other fully trained birds. He could no longer afford his home here in Las Vegas and did not have room for Mezmo and his monstrous cage at his new home. We wont go into the circumstances the day I picked him up from their dark garage...

Since joining our flock a short 5 months ago, he lets our children pet him. He is a very sweet tempered bird. We still have some trust issues to work out. No real petting allowed yet. Just a little bit though. He loves to whistle the song from the Bridge over the River Kwai or make up his own tune. He likes to improvise.

We are so happy to have him in our home and lives. Even if he likes to wake the sun most days. lol

Hello and welcome to the forum Daniel. Congratulations on your new family member, it sounds like you have rescued Mezmo from a less than perfect environment. No need to give you any advice if you have already owned a grey but we will be here anyway should you need us.

We look forward to reading of Mezmo's progress and adventures and perhaps some pictures maybe when you can find the time.

Hello Daniel and welcome to our family, I am so glad to hear you could give Mezmo a new home, it seems you needed each other and the time was right, I believe that things happen for a reason and you both will be so blessed for it.

I am so sorry about your previous grey and maybe one day you can share that story with us, maybe in the pet memorial room, you could honor him/her that way.

That is so sad about his previous circumstances, another story you could tell us if you like, some people can be so stupid or maybe they have no conscience, in any case he has a good home now and is blossoming under your care and will continue to. He sounds like he is a wonderful grey and with more time he will continue to flourish and maybe allow some touching, as you well know the trust will come with time and you already know about that.

We would love to see some pictures of Mezmo if you have some you would share with us.

• Haha 1

Hi Daniel and Welcome to our family. Well done to you for rescuing this poor, poor bird. As you have had an AG before I am sure you are just picking up where you left off - and I am sure that you have the time and patience to ensure Mezmo fits in fully to your family. Can't wait to see some pictures!

• Haha 1

Mezmo may have come to you in rough circumstances but he seems sweet despite the hardship and life change he has experienced. My guess is he wakes you so early every day because he is wondering if he is dreaming or if he will wake up and find he has a real family that loves him forever.