NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Front door sign

JJsHoney

hello everyone I have been thinking alot lately about how SLOW everyone enters my front door.. and this is really disturbing especially when Rene is out so I need to put a sign on my front door asking people to move it when coming in, but I am not gifted with witty language skills as sooo many of you are so please please my extended grey family help!!!

I would NEVER post a sign letting anyone who comes to my door that I have birds inside....:( I keep my front door locked, when the door bell rings, if I don't know who it is, I either don't answer it, or I quickly step outside and close the door behind me. If I know who it is, I open the door about 2 inches and tell them to hurry in as I have birds flying around my house, and then I close the door and check to see where my birds are, if they are close by, I tell them to wait while I put my birds in a safe spot or have my kids watch them.

People have broken into homes to steal their expensive birds....that won't happen on my watch! I even have a house alarm.

I would NEVER post a sign letting anyone who comes to my door that I have birds inside....:( I keep my front door locked, when the door bell rings, if I don't know who it is, I either don't answer it, or I quickly step outside and close the door behind me. If I know who it is, I open the door about 2 inches and tell them to hurry in as I have birds flying around my house, and then I close the door and check to see where my birds are, if they are close by, I tell them to wait while I put my birds in a safe spot or have my kids watch them.

People have broken into homes to steal their expensive birds....that won't happen on my watch! I even have a house alarm.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tyne/8141040.stm

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! How you have shown me up - a foul mouthed parrot! You have inadvertently, from thousands of miles away, chosen a news story from my part of the world!!!

Joking asides - we have had a lot of thefts of birds in the North East of England. I too have my doors locked - the outside door that stays unlocked when I am at home - but callers have to come through another two doors before they would reach my hall. I also have an alarm system that "beeps" when any of my outer doors are opened - yes, it's like being in a Chinese take away - but informs me that someone is on their way in. I don't even use my front door now when Harvey is out - there is no barrier between the rest of my house and my hall - where Harvey's cage is and where he likes to sit. I go out of the back door and round to the front. I wouldn't let them know either :)

Talon is right about having a Parrot sign at the front door, I have seen one saying "beware of the Parrot" & thought how cool. Then I thought actually that wouldn't be a good idea telling strangers I have a Parrot, even though I live a quiet little village which the locals describe as a zero crime rate area I still wouldn't trust it. We very rarely get salesmen at the front door but had one the other day & it was great excuse to get rid of him, although I probably shouldn't have said " I have to go my parrot's out & my daughters crying, got to go........bye!" I actually told him I had a parrot, whoops :eek:

Oh back to your question, nearly forgot. Just say " GET YOUR ARSE INSIDE!"

I never thought of parrot thieves!! thanks soo much for reminding me!! I keep my screen door locked at all times, but when family comes over they just tend to walk right in :( (through the back door of course) maybe I will just switch the sign to hurry don't let the dogs out and that will be enough. Thanks anyway for the suggestions!!