NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New video of Ozzy climbing his cage

Ozzysmom

Here is the video, at the end you can see he has trouble lifting his foot but this is twice as good as before so hopefuly it will get easier and easier. He takes breaks but refuses help from anyone. I love him. I am trying to figure out maye something I can do so he can help disabled kids see that no matter what they can over come their disability.

Ozzy is so precious and I don't think he likes the camera to get too close but he does manage to get where he wants and he is an inspiration to us all that we can do anything if we put our mind to it, he is a determined little fella, thanks for sharing that with us.

Actually, just watching him, you would never really think he is handicapped the way he climbs the cage using talons and beak. He has mastered using that crippled leg and seemed more interested in bobbing his head around in joy and what your doing with the camera than worried at all about his climbing abilities. he is definitely confident about his abilities.

Using him to reach out to disabled children is a wonderful idea!

Thanks for sharing tis video. I'm already in love with him as well. :)

Thanks guys I love to hear positive things about him since most of the people I know ask my why I just didnt get a "normal" grey. Sure if I got a baby (which i will in the future) I could probably be holding it and it would not have the baggage but I just cant resist an animal that needs extra love. I cant imagine how many times he would be bounced around and resold due to him not being the loving talkative stereotypical grey.

I have a friend who does rescue and rehab and has two Greys and one Ekkie who she has been working with that have either no feet at all or badly healed legs. If you wish to email me privately I can get you in touch with her for some helpful ideas. She also has two Greys from the same breeder who have been fighting sinus infections (long term) that were not treated before she got them and it has been a really tough time for them and her.