NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Pet Focus

JJsHoney

!Bdl7sigBGk~$(KGrHqYH-D!Ergc2jfb4BK5kgDQ9Sg~~_35.JPGI was wondering if anyone here has used it or heard anything about it, the product details say it is safe for use around birds and for your daily cleaning.... My Cousin uses it at his house but of course I have to check with all of you too!!

this is what the website details :

"128oz Concentrate Pet Focus Cleaner

The only disinfectant specifically formulated for avian use. EPA certified effective against more than 50 pathogens, including those responsible for Exotic Newcastles’s, Psittacosis, Avian Infulenza, and Avian Polyoma as well as Klebsiella, E. Coli, Pseudomonas and more.

Pet Focus is EPA approved to be effective against the Avian Influenza Virus.

Pet Focus Avian Formula Disinfectant is a One-Step, No-Rinse Disinfectant virucide, fungicide, mildewstat and cleaner. This breakthrough formula is specifically formulated for the prevention by way of cross-contamination of avian disease in theri environments by way of disinfection of hard surfaces and equipment. Pet Focus Avian Formulas are certified to be effective against the Avian Influenza Virus, Newcastles Disease, Avian Polyoma Virus, Chlamydia, Avian Bronchitis, Pseudomonas, Klebsibella, and much more when used as directed. Kills both Gram negative and Gram Positive bacteria, fungi, and viruses, and is a detergent/deodorant for your daily cleaning. No need to purchase other cleaning products.

See Concentrated and Ready-to-Use labels for more specific claims."

Pet Focus is one of the best disinfectants for your bird items. It is one of two cleaners I use in my aviary and all my cages. It is effective yet without any nasty fumes. Note, you likely won't need a jug that big if you have one bird to care for, as it's not used that frequently. (I don't do routine cleaning with it, just the weekly or monthly disinfecting cleanings)

The other cleaner I use is Essential Gold Natural Soap. It is very effective at dissolving droppings as well as general cleaning. I use it for daily, routine cleaning. You can find more about it at http://www.essentialprocess.com/essentialgold.html

Both products are non-toxic for our birds. Even so, I usually rinse food and water containers after use.

Thanks Dave, My cousin had too mentioned Essential Gold, but I was trying to go the "cheaper" root :eek:

I placed an order for the 36oz. Concentrate Just to see how long it lasts, I have a few birds smaller cages etc. that are in need of a good cleaning.

Your babies are adrorable! I keep peeking into the nursery cam, I just missed a feeding last night :( thanks soo much for having a view into their lives that most people don't get to see.