NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from Orlando :)

Hello everyone!!

My name is Russ and my Grey is Winston :) I am so happy to be here. This forum is so very informative and fun. In fact my partner and I have just built a playstand that I found here. I will post pics in the appropriate thread. So what to say about myself and of course Winston.... Winston is 9months old. He is an animated little thing. Well, big thing actually. LOL. I love him so much. My partner Mark and I have six dogs and four birds in our zoo. Winston the CAG, Oz a male Eclectus, Monkey a Sun Conure and Giddeon a very moody Indian Ringneck. They all get along and antagonize each other non-stop.

Thank you so much for this site. I can't wait to jump in :)

Edited by OrlandoGreyGuy

Hello Russ and welcome to our family and I think you have just jumped in, aren't you glad you did!

I also have a sun conure named Sunny, original isn't it.:o

Wow thats fast, you have already built a playstand you found here and you just got here, you work fast, real fast.

It sounds like Winston is one happy little guy and we would love to see some pictures of him if you would share some with us.

Welcome Orlando. I'm not far from you. I'm in Central Florida as well (Melbourne). Your zoo sounds a lot like mine. We have 5 dogs, as well as Brutus, our CAG, a White eyed Conure, and an Indian Ring Neck. You'll love this forum.

Thats a cool stand, I actually had found that same model doing a search online for pvc perches: http://cdelatorre-nest.blogspot.com/2008/07/new-parrot-playstand-design.html, I was going to build it as well this weekend, I'm just not decided if I want to wrap it with twine, and if I do, where would the ends go? Or what is that material you guys are using to wrap the pvc?

Is that 1/2" pvc?

Thanks,

Jon, in Florida too, Spring Hill, just north of Tampa, on the Gulf.

Hey Jon!

That's where I found the plans as well. A member here actually came up with it. It's really great. I just went to the local horse supply store and bought Vet Wrap and wrapped where I knew the birds would be gripping it. I like it because it just adheres to itself and when you need to change it out it just peels off. The stand itself is a HUGE hit. My guys were all over it today and didnt want to go back to their cages. LOL. Not to mention that is was CHEAP, way easy to make and it looks cool. I can't wait to make another. We modified ours a little to accomodate hanging a toy.

SDC17114..jpg

It's better than any other stand I could buy and it can be cleaned very easily. Can you tell I like it? LOL!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome guys!!!

Welcome Russ, Winston and the rest of your family. Thanks for joining us and sharing pictures of your birds and your home made stand. Great job on building that. I love seeing that your birds are interacting so close to each other on the new stand. Jump right in, this is a helpful friendly bunch, glad you have you here too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Russ, we are new here as well. Winston is beautiful! Yor house sounds like mine a zoo. I have 4 dogs, CAG named Quinn, Conure named Mango and a lake full of ducks who knock on my door and think I have a never ending supply of food. LOL I wouldnt have it any other way. I also live in FL. New Smyrna Bch. I really like that stand. I will look that up, great job. I had my husband build Quinn's shower stand out of PVC, so I will make this his next project, with a little coaxing, LOL. Thanks for being here. Isnt this site great!