NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi all!

Hi all!

I'm Rodney, I've been in the Navy for 14 years, and I’ve lived all over the place. My wife and I currently live in Virginia Beach. We've been married for almost three years, which has been the greatest three years of my life. We have very serious priorities, God comes first, then each other, then children (when we have them), then the birds. We currently have two birds: Piper, a very Napoleon-like (two and a half year old) Quaker parrot and Lucky, a slightly shy but very fun (one and a half year old) Lutino Indian Ringneck. We’re thinking about the possibility of one of four birds to add to our family; a Congo African Gray, a Timneh African Gray, a Red Lored Amazon or a Bare-Eyed Cockatoo. I know most of you are going to try and talk me into one of the grays, but the other two have their good traits as well. Even though we’ve had both of our birds for over a year, I’ve only just recently become a bird lover. I can say that I always liked the birds, but I had no dedication to helping with them. Over the last few days great turnarounds have taken place in our home. Piper, who used to attack me with extreme prejudice, has become one of my biggest buddies, this required work and training on my part…meaning I needed the training as much as Piper did :S . It can be a humbling experience, admitting that you were wrong and not listening…my wife is probably reading this right now with a big smile on her face, sheepishly laughing inside (Hi Honey!). Well, I think that’s about it for now. Questions?

Rodney

Welcome Rodney!!

You definitely have your priorities right, at least in my book :-)

You will find that we are a very open family of members here and would not try to sway your opinion...too much! ;)

You are doing the right thing by researching each Parrots characteristics and determining the one that will be a "Best Fit" for you and your Family.

We have many members here with more varieties of Parrots than a Pet Store or Breeder :woohoo:

So ask away with all your questions and concerns.

It sounds like you have spent some time researching to train your Parrots properly now and are reaping the benefits of it, along with your Parrots that now view you as a friend, instead of a foe.

Again Welcome !!!<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/08/09 15:14

Hi Rodney, and welcome here to our family. Dan is correct, many members have quite a variety of other birds here. Check out the Other Birds Room. You'll find this is a great place to learn, and a great place to enjoy some wonderful friends. Please keep us posted on what you decide, and we love to see pictures of you and your birds! :cheer: :cheer:

Hello, Rodney, and welcome to the family. Now we would not try to talk you into getting a grey, but if you did, it would be the smartest thing you have ever done. Just kidding, you are smart enough to know which is the better fit for you and your family, and that is why you are researching for information to make that decision.:)

Well you got several things going for you, you live in Virginia Beach, I live in VA too, you got your priorities straight, and you admit you make mistakes, that almost makes you a saint, someone get this man a medal.:cheer:

Glad you joined and looking forward to hearing more stories about your birds and get us some pictures if you can, we love photos.:P

Hi Rodney, welcome here. You've just chosen to participate in one of the most helpful and diverse (birdwise) forums available at the whole of the internet (thanks to its members!)

I love your birds: they look very beautiful - especially Lucky B)