NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What Is This Yawn-like Behavior

Elvenking

Sometimes, I will see Issac do this thing with his beak where he appears to be stretching it. He will open his beak really wide and kind of work it around, close...then repeat sometimes for a couple of minutes. What is that he is doing...just stretching his beak?

He's yawning. He does that when he's bored and tired of you bothering him.

He's simply telling you

Enough is enough!!!! Leave me alone!!! I can't put up with you anymore!!! When are you gonna learn that you are a fool????? Are you blind???

Please, go and bother someone else!!!!

Edited by Dave007

Really dig a talon in there. LOL

Lol - it really makes my eyes water when I see then doing that!!!

Come to think of it, my first post may have been hasty cos I have seen Alf do this what you are explaining and two minutes later a seed or something will shoot out at 100mph. I just thought, if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, then it's a duck, but obviously it aint necessarily so!

Lol - it really makes my eyes water when I see then doing that!!!

Come to think of it, my first post may have been hasty cos I have seen Alf do this what you are explaining and two minutes later a seed or something will shoot out at 100mph. I just thought, if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, then it's a duck, but obviously it aint necessarily so!

I know...I see him digging and I think, 'ouch ouch ouch'. I do love it when they kind of sneeze and you can feel the little burst of air shoot out the nose. It's cute...I tell him 'bless you' when he does it.