NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Charlies almost sorted.

she

Charlie had a vet visit this morning to check up on his feather follicle infection. She is very pleased and said he only needs to finish the medication he has left, 10 days worth. He can stop the pain killers right away. I am so pleased. It has been a hard slog since January but at last we are there. He only needs to go back if the plucking starts up again once the anti biotics finish.Although he does have the odd pluck it is no where near like it was. He may always have a couple of bare patches under the wings if the follicles are damaged but we can live with that. The next thing is to get him to enjoy his baths again,any ideas? He always loved a spraying in the sing but since the infection has gone right off it. I feel he needs his spray more than ever now but don't want to push him too far and have him turn totally against it.

• Haha 1

Sheila, this is really good news, I'm so pleased for you and Charlie. You've been so dedicated this past few months, giving him his meds, and the care he has needed - he is a lucky bird to have you.

As for bathtimes, I think you are right not wanting to push him, but it is important. If he used to enjoy it, maybe he'll come round, you just have to remind him that he loves it so! Try the sound of running water trick. It might entice him. If not, take him in the shower with you and at least then he's getting the moisture.

What wonderful news Sheila!!!

Your example of going to any extent is a good one for us all. :)

I would definitely tkae the misting slowly, but I would certainly try it and see how it goes. The Aloe Juice will sooth him even more, if your successful in getting him to go through it without getting upset.

Fingers crossed for a fully feather and flighted bird soon!

This is totally great news about Charlie, Sheila. I am so happy for him, great job Sheila! As for the misting, have you tried spraying above him so that the mist goes downside over him. Perhaps in the beginning that might help at least to get him use to it again. Ana Grey when she sees me misting Sully or just sees the mist bottle immediately goes to her cage playstand and spreads her wings she loves the mist and always spreads her wings and turns. I know you will succeed in getting Charlie fully healthy and used to being sprayed again. You're a great parront!!!