NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

All in another day's work!!

pearllyn

I've just had to go up to a back room that we are kind of using as a store room at the minute. I almost had a heart attack as I caught movement out of the corner of my eye (our hotel is haunted), but it was just a starling who had found his way in somehow, I'm home alone but managed to get a towel over him and let him out without too much fuss, but it's a big room with two skylights and he kept wanting to go up there. My worry is this. I have no idea yet, how he got in, but if he got in, could Alfie get out? She's is often up there with us so there are obviously no windows open or anything - I'm flummoxed, but needless to say - that part of the house is out of bounds to her untill we figure it out! Never a dull moment, eh!!

What a way to start out the day!

Well, you could darken the room and look for light coming through a hole through which the Starling gained access.

This a like a nancy drew mystery. Let us know the final conclusion as to how it gained entry. :)

Do you have chimney? Starlings are famous for entering ala Santa Claus. Starlings are much smaller than Greys but it pays to be safe.

That's all we can think of - I'd completely overlooked the chimney because it's unused and covered over, but we think that's where it's come in. I don't think Alfie would fly up the chimney though so it's safe again.!:)

, between you and I we are like the Northern Branch of the RSPB! .!

'Scuse me....Scottish and Northern coalition Branch of the RSPB!! Lol!!

And I fished a Bumble Bee out of the water bucket this evening!

I think we've settled on the chimney as most probable point of entry. But Dan, your darkened room suggestion was very enterprising - it sounds like you are talking from experience? I'm glad I didn't have to do it though - big windows and sky lights - would have been a right pain in the you know where!!! LOL!!!!