NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Alfie's grand day out

pearllyn

We packed up all the girls this morning and took off down to Seahouses to visit David's Mum. Alfie came along in her travel cage and we all sat in the garden and had a picnic - Alfie ate when we did and sat quite happily taking in the sights and sounds. On the way home, we stopped off for a walk along the river, Alfie put on her Harness without so much as a squawk or a flap, and spent her time flying between David and I. When we got home, I put Alfie's tea on, and then jumped in the shower while we were waiting for it, and God love her, she'd had such a big day, she felt asleep on the shower rail! She never opened her eyes once!! She'll sleep tonight!

alfiewalkies2.jpg

Hope you and yours are all well.

Lyn & Alfie

xx

Edited by pearllyn

Thanks Steven. Don't be dismayed about the harness - Alfie has gone through a phase where she didn't want it on, but today took it no problem. Isaac may well come round.

I got a couple of pics while we were along the river Janet, but this was the best one!

What a great picture Lyn - Alfie looks so sweet! It's great to get them out and about - I'm waiting until Harvey gets a little more used to his again before venturing in public! Hope this picture gives others the push to try their harness again - it's great to have them out and about x

You make Alfie Tea?? I have never heard of this, Is it something I should be doing too?

Tea is her dinner we give her at tea-time - it's maybe a scottish thing! Lol - Don't worry - you're not neglecting some important task!

• 2 weeks later...

Today we packed up all the girls, plus our Mum's and had a lovely picnic in Northumberland. Alfie Came along of course and I've never ever seen her so at ease while traveling! She was so relaxed, she brought her friends along - the little piggy and the little ducky - plus a little chicken made an appearance and she sung to them all to boot!!! Normally she is fairly quiet while the car is moving, but not so today - she even had a munch on the move!!! We tried her harness a couple of times, but she wasn't interested, she was obviously happy enough in her cage!

DSC_0069little.jpg

DSC_0061little.jpg

She is a happy camper and just being along with you even in her cage was wonderful enough, maybe she will take to the harness another day but thanks for sharing the great pictures of the little camera ham, she is so photogenic and so pretty.