NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Joey's Maiden Flight...Crash Corrigan Style

Spock

As you all probably know, Joey is our 3 yr old rescue CAG. He was never allowed to fly and has always been clipped severely. He has started recently to fly and has made short flights but doesn't know how to land and always crashes into walls, etc. unless we can try to catch him:( We have been really worried because he doesn't know how to stop forward flight. We put pillows at each end of his flight paths. This morning he flew his usual flight path (around thirty feet) and landed safely on his pillow in the kitchen next to Jay who was on the computer.

After sitting on Jay's shoulder, listening to accolades about how great he was, I picked him up so I could take him back to his cage. To my great surprise, he suddenly took off flying, maneuvering up and over the TV, around his cage, down the hall and across the bedroom, landing on the other side on a fresh pile of clean laundry. He was taken back to his cage, a conquering hero and was given an unsalted pretzel (his favorite) as a reward. What a greyt day!!!

Maggie

Hurray Joey! I can just picuture Spock, Salsa and Joey dive bombing you and Jay, Maggie!!! How I remember Ana Grey's flights when she first started to fly. She is now very good at maneuvering around the house and making sharp turns! Way to go Joey!!!

Joey, Congratulations on your flights and good luck with learning the landings. Tobie is also almost 3years old and just started flying this year. His landings also have been the most challenging thing about flying for him. He still occasionally has a rough landing but is much better now. I'm sure Joey will soon get the hang of it.

Go Joey Go!! It must be such an accomplishment for those who have birds who have been clipped to take that maiden voyage. I'm sure Joey will be ripping the place up, along with the other fiends, soon enough! Go on Joey - get yourself into oodles of trouble!!!