NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

If your bird won't step up -- how do you coax them?

Brittany

Sometimes Pepper doesn't want to step up, because he doesn't feel like it or for whatever reason. Anyways the way I coax him is asking

"Wanna take a shower?" LOL:p I can ask him other things wanna do this, want this blah blah but when I say the shower word he will step up 4 out of 5 times.

So what about you?!

Ana Grey can be stubborn about coming down from her cargo net or the top of her playtop so I just bribe her with a walnut or almond. She will always come down and step up with a nut! She is such a little piggy for a treat! If she is on one of her perches or boings she will usually step up for me.

I don't walk away too often, only if I see the signs of biting. I have a stubborn amazon that NEVER wants to sleep in her cage at night. I put two fingers behind her and 2 in front and close in as I tell her to Step up, Come on, step up, let's go, step up. (which she repeats through out the day under her breath when she thinks I don't hear her mimicking me) She has no choice, then I praise her and give her head scritches before I put her to bed.

Lol aww.

This is off-topic but lately we've been noticing...Pepper calls us like a dog hahahaha. Last night my boyfriend was eating cucumbers and Pepper wanted some. SO he said "Come here" then whistled like my boyfriend does to the dog.