NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cosmo Talks Book - Got It!!!

danmcq

This book is wonderful. Just read Chapter One...Wow!

Dr, Pepperberg wrote the Preface on this book. They are friends.

Here are photos of the book..

Cover

Coms_Talks_Cover.png

Photo Pepperberg ending comment

Cosmo_Talks_Pepperberg.png

Photo of part of page 1

Cosmo_Talks_Page1.png

Well, I see I need to type the intro-conversation between Cosmo and Betty Jean Craige (BJC):

Cosmo: Where wanna Go?

BJC: Betty Jean wanna go to work.

Cosmo: Cosmo wanna go to work, ok?

BJC: No. Cosmo stay home. Cosmo stay home with doggies.

Cosmo: Okay. Doggies! Come here! (Cosmo whistles)

BJC: Godd bye. I love you.

Cosmo: Good bye. I love you. Betty Jean be back soon, ok?

Edited by danmcq

I just can not get enough real world books to read on Greys.

I love books like this, just as I did Alex and Me. They are each unique books with stories of living with an African grey. They are not a book like the MANY out there written by breeders that have all the "How To's" in them. I read a few of them before Dayo came home and I must say yawned through them all. WE all know how to care for our Greys and are experiencing real world events with them living our lives together. No two are the same, just like people, they have unique personalities, different living environments and the dynamics of all that makes each a story to be written in my opinion.

So write a book on Emma, write a book on Harvey and I'll keep writing on Dayo whether it turns out just to be a journal for the next owner or a book. I doesn't matter to me either way. What does matter to me is the next owner of Dayo will know HIS personality and expectations.

I believe the reason we all belong to this forum, is because we crave hearing about all the other Greys and having a strong and caring group of people to share with and learn from. :)

I had to wait 3 weeks to get the book. It was just released on the 20th. I Hope you can all get a copy soon. If you love reading and especially about a grey written by a college professor with a hilarious sense of humor, yet holds a phd, you'll love this book. She also has a facebook page with a login name of Cosmo Talks, just like her website. I found her on facebook and began having great conversations with her about 2 months ago. She has MANY friends that comment and she very actively replies. She is a wonderful spirit. I wish she would have been one of my college professors. There just are not out there that teach, yet do so by getting all actively interested in her topic using her fascinating personality and Cosmo as a sidekick some days. :)

Journeyman,

Yes, theres another Cosmo! :) Also seems to be as smart as yours. ;)

I got the book on Betty Jeans website www.CosmoTalks.com through the initial link posted there before it was actually in print.

They did run out for a little while due to the huge demand when it released, but seem to have produce a new batch very quickly. Amazon.com is one of the sales points Betty Jean reccommends and it seems from Janets post that Amazon has them in stock. :)

I also really liked Dr. Pepperbergs comment in her ending sentence " Remember that such an exceptional bird, requires an exceptionally equal owner".

Edited by danmcq

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got my copy of Conversations with Cosmo today. I've waited ages for it to be released over here but don't think it has been yet, so I just got impatient and it's come from over there!!

I've spoken with the Professor a couple of times via Youtube and she is such a lovely approachable lady. I can't wait to read this - my household is going to be sooooooo neglected over the next couple of days!