NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Is one of them your Favourite?

lovethatgrey

Someone asked me today if Emma my african grey was my favourite of my two parrots. eek.gif

I stopped to think about it and said no.. they are both very special in their own ways and enrich my life in unique ways. I have a very close relationship with each of them. I do not favour one over the other and wouldn't trade either of them for anything. I also think it helps that I only have 2 at the moment. Additional parrots would be a balancing act for sure and there would definitely be a "transitional" period to adjust to.

They are both very approachable to my SO and others but I'm pretty much the person who does everything for them day in and day out.

I must admit that Emma requires me to be "more talkative" than I wish to be sometimes, but otherwise, I provide the both of them, the same amount of time, toys, care etc..

My relationship with each of them is similar but distinct.

How about you guys? Do you favour one over the other or inadvertently don't spend as much time with one of your parrots as you know you should?

I have a Conure along with my grey Issac, and I have to say...I definitely favor Issac...just due to his need for attention and how interactive he is. Pedro, my Conure, simply keeps to himself and likes it that way, I talk to him and give him some shoulder time here and there, and he has been through a lot with me, but Issac and the relationship there is clearly stronger.

Favorites, yes Ana Grey is my favorite and is also the most needy of my two fids. I have an older rescued male Eclectus who needed someone to love him so he is with me. Sully does not like to play or really interact. I try to put him on window perches and he always jumps down and goes to a cage. He will sit on my computer screen but jumps off after a few minutes. He likes to be near me in the room but in a cage. I leave the doors open to cages and he goes back to his big cage at 7:00 pm for bedtime. He has lots of toys but does not play with them. Ana Grey loves to fly all through the house and be in the middle of everything. I love them both, but yes Ana Grey is my favorite. Sully does not get less attention, he just doesn't want more.

And you knew that this would get me good! LMAO! Yes, you and Noogie will always have such a special bond.

Other than my parrot, I have Zebra finches, they hate me even going near their cage, so it makes it pretty easy to favour Paco who just wants to be with me all day long and is so interactive. The finches just want fresh food and water, and then to have me leave them alone so they can beep at one another.

Its a very hard question. I love Charlie and Cracker to bits,but Polly my old tiel will always hold a very special place in my heart.She was my first ever bird and was very timid and shy but also very friendly.Her life long friend Pippin was also a great character . I guess the answer is I adore charlie and cracker but Polly was special.

:) "How do I count the ways". Who ever we're holding or interacting with at the time, is the one we love the most, at the time...It's hard to explain, we love them all equal. I guess it's more of directing our love where needed at the time...:) Maggie and the Flock