NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A Little Story......

JillyBeanz

I have been flashing my photos of Harvey to all and sundry at work who wanted (and some who didn't) want to see them. One of my colleagues told me of an absolutely fabulous and heartwarming story.

Her uncle used to work on the Gold Coast (now Ghana) in Africa and in 1958 he had been walking in the forest and discovered a "chick" on the ground, lifeless, but breathing. He scooped it up and took it home with him and fed it milk until it was strong enough to eat nuts and seeds, native to Ghana - and kept him as a pet, out there with him.

When it was time to return to the UK in 1959 he brought "Peter" with him (obviously no laws then) and he lived with him and his wife, leading a happy life.

Three years ago my colleague's uncle died, leaving "Peter" with his wife (who Peter had been with all his life). My colleagues uncle "lives on". Peter has a HUGE vocabulary - and yes, you guessed it, sounds absolutely the same as his departed owner.

They found it quite eerie at first, but now, three years on, they find it a comfort and it's like a little bit of him still exists.

Peter is now 52 YEARS OLD!!! He is also thoroughly healthy, flies about and talks up a storm!

• Haha 1

I have been flashing my photos of Harvey to all and sundry at work who wanted (and some who didn't) want to see them. One of my colleagues told me of an absolutely fabulous and heartwarming story.

Her uncle used to work on the Gold Coast (now Ghana) in Africa and in 1958 he had been walking in the forest and discovered a "chick" on the ground, lifeless, but breathing. He scooped it up and took it home with him and fed it milk until it was strong enough to eat nuts and seeds, native to Ghana - and kept him as a pet, out there with him.

When it was time to return to the UK in 1959 he brought "Peter" with him (obviously no laws then) and he lived with him and his wife, leading a happy life.

Three years ago my colleague's uncle died, leaving "Peter" with his wife (who Peter had been with all his life). My colleagues uncle "lives on". Peter has a HUGE vocabulary - and yes, you guessed it, sounds absolutely the same as his departed owner.

They found it quite eerie at first, but now, three years on, they find it a comfort and it's like a little bit of him still exists.

Peter is now 52 YEARS OLD!!! He is also thoroughly healthy, flies about and talks up a storm!

What an amazing story...That would be haunting at first but what an amazing way to remember someone. Love it!