NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Harness too small .....

AbbysDaddy

Ok everyone I have the aviator harness for my Abby and she finally let me get it put on her last night ...(the word let is used very loosely) but once i got it on her she could get her beak and feet inside of it and get tangled so after getting bit a lot and being as careful as I could I finally got it off of her ... my only question is if i step down one size from a med to a small is that going to be big enough ..... I know they are adjustable but its just not adjusting small enough for her so im almost positive i need to step down a size and make the small as big as it can get for her ... any one else have this problem with buying a medium and then finding out that its too big?

only one way to find out. i have a med that i am not using, nor will mojo ever want to use it again. i have decided that i am not going to use it. if you pm me your address, i can send it to you at no cost. it is brand new with the packaging. i just realized that even when he is in it, he won't leave it alone and i am afraid that he will chew his way out of it. so for outings i use a smal cage that he can see the world in.

I would have thought that small will be too small. When Harvey was 430g ish I still had the medium (even though it says 450g + for a medium) and it fitted perfectly. Unless Abby is under about 420g the medium aviator should fit her fine - it's the clasp at the front that adjusts to her size - are you fastening it right to the end, just before her wings, just to the left of her keel bone? The medium harness is recommended for CAGs, the small for TAGs.

I have a medium for my grey who is about 400g right now. I figure he'll gain some weight and fill out more as he gets older since he's just a baby now. It seems to fit his neck well and length wise it's fine. But it looks bulky around the body like I should be using a smaller size or something. Or is it supposed to look like that?

27708_906114307608_10717751_49435454_3545162_n.jpg