NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Free is a very good price!

loviechick

I got this info off my forum that I moderate for, figured ya'll might like this. It's numbers for different brands of pellets and they will send you free samples! I've gotten a couple and they were good sized!

Hagen (Tropican pellets and Gourmet mix)

-- 1-800-225-2700

Harrisons (pellets)

-- 1-800-346-0269

Lafeber (Nutriberries and AviCakes)

-- 1-800-842-6445

Pretty Bird International Inc. (pellets)

-- 1-800-356-5020

Roudybush Feed (pellets)

-- 1-800-326-1726

Ziegler Brothers Inc. (pellets)

-- 1-800-841-6800

Well thanks, Loviechick, for the info, I might try that, but I prefer the Harrisons, anyway. I have tried the Roudybush pellets and the Nutriberries too. But some of the new grey owners might appreciate the numbers to get some samples to see which their bird prefers.

Guest Lidia

I can't dial those number from Ireland. Anyone like to phone a couple for me? I'd love to try Harrisons (which Judy has spoken often about). I'd give my address by PM.

Cool, some free samples of Harrisson's! I wonder if it's available to Canadians? I know mine already like it, but it's so darn expensive here that any sample I can get counts :laugh: !!

Thanks for the info!<br><br>Post edited by: eve, at: 2007/08/09 01:29

• 2 weeks later...
Guest briansmum

you could get a small back of harrisons from www.24parrot.com i think it's about £5 for a little bag of harrisons, very expensive. but there are other kinds of pellets on there too

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Monique

Thank you for the info!!! I saw someone advise once that if trying to convert a bird to pellets it can be easier to give them a big variety of pellet types and let them choose what kind they want themselves. I've no personal experience w/it but it sort of makes sense ... parrots being the picky little things they are!! So getting a bunch of free samples might be a great way to do that!! : )

She really only eats 2 colors out of the zupreems, and I don't like them because of the artificial coloring and preservatives. I have yet to try the Pretty bird pellets, I will look for them.

Right now, she eats the Forti-Diet by Kaytee, but she will not eat the sunflower seeds, peanuts, or the big stuff. She prefers the small stuff that is in the bag.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this post - I had really fast response from all of the manufacturers. Since Beckette wouldn't eat any of them, I ended up grinding the pellets in a coffee grinder (not Joes):laugh: , and storing the powder in the fridge. When I need a quick meal for Beck, I mix the powder with applesauce or juice, add millet and chopped up cashew and warm a little. She has to eat a bit of the pellets to get the seed. Better than straight seed, and it gets her used to eating unfamiliar things. Not bad for free stuff!:P