NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A sneaky Thief

pearllyn

I know we all (most of us) have trouble with our birds pinching stuff they shouldn't, but after countless interrupted mealtimes, Alfie has finally learnt that she may share when she is invited, otherwise she has to stay on her perch - or so I thought. Her latest move while we are eating, is to wait until I have both hands full, then the second I do, she swoops down faster than a speeding bullet to remove from my plate whatever it was she had her eye on. I'm sure her next step will be to wait until my mouth is full so I can't remonstrate either!

Oh they are so sneaky aren't they!!!! Ana Grey has gotten so she swoops in right onto the side of my plate to get the goodies. That's hysterical that Alfie times his attacks so well. Thanks for the great mental picture. By the way, I just love your signature pictures!!

Very funny. Very smart birds.

I came into the kitchen the other day to see my son eating breakfast with Hawkins. Hawkins was trying to get his food and son was eating while holding his plate up above his head so Hawkins wouldn't grab anything. I thought it very silly of both of them.

Her latest move while we are eating, is to wait until I have both hands full, then the second I do, she swoops down faster than a speeding bullet to remove from my plate whatever it was she had her eye on. I'm sure her next step will be to wait until my mouth is full so I can't remonstrate either!

Oh my gosh, Issac loves to do that thing when you have both hands full. I will be preparing food for him even, and he simply cannot wait until I am done before he is picking the cap up to the palm oil, or picking at the bag of whatever while I am transferring something to a plate. He is masterful in his agility and it is one of those trying moments. LOL. Funny to laugh at when it's not happening though. ;)