NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Little Thingy Explanation!

JillyBeanz

Have you noticed, that when you have posted on a thread there is a little "green thing" that appears between what you are "flock member" etc and your avatar picture. If you hover over the dot it says "JillyBeanz is on a distinguished road" - What's that mean then! Clearly I am distinguished - but why the advertisement!!!!

Answers on a postcard.......!

ooh - I've just noticed there's different ones! Pearlyn for example says "Pearllyn will be famous soon enough"!!! Please someone explain this to me!!!!

Edited by JillyBeanz

Okay...... Jeez Jill, you don't miss a thing...do you????

Here's the explanation: I will post an announcement when I have this feature adjusted properly and up and running....however..... .JILL can't seem to wait!! :P

It is a reputation bar......Every member gets one green bar, after xx amount of posts, or after another member clicks on the reputation icon on the bottom left of your post, you have the option to approve or dissaprove and leave a comment. Eventually, the comments can be viewed on your profile page. Your reputation will go up, it's kind of like karma. A better explanation is coming here soon.

If you look at Pearlyn's post, you will see that she has 2 green bars, that's because I have been testing my settings and adjustments on her profile. As I get everything working properly, I will post a tutorial on how the system works in it's entirety. It takes many reputation clicks to add to the green bar. There is a limitation, you will see that as you go.

SO...PLEASE BE PATIENT, I HAVE RUN INTO SOME PROBLEMS AND AM TRYING TO TROUBLESHOOT THEM IN BETWEEN MY REAL JOB...:)

• Haha 2

Jill, I call it nosey!!!! I noticed the green lights also but have been waiting patiently for an explanation unlike some people (Jill). I also like the green light after the sign in names. Green light means that person is on line. Great new features!!!!! This is going to be so much fun!!!

Jill, I call it nosey!!!! I noticed the green lights also but have been waiting patiently for an explanation unlike some people (Jill). I also like the green light after the sign in names. Green light means that person is on line. Great new features!!!!! This is going to be so much fun!!!

......I think the word you are choosing to describe me is "inquisitive" - a much more sensitive way of saying nosey!!! ;)

There's a saying round these parts "shy bairns get nowt". This means "shy children get nothing". I choose to education myself further daily........!!!

Does distinguished mean you will have "grey"ing temples?
Ha Ha! Very good - not me though - full head of my own, original colour with no flecks of the silver wire! Mind you - give me another six months with Harvey......!

Anyway - I've changed my mind! I don't want to be Lyn anymore - check out our own Ms Admin - she's a jewel in the rough! Is that flattering??????!! And who are they calling rough!!!!!

4943515.gif

I've been wondering what the green thingy is too, I don't miss a trick either & was wondering is it the reputation?...................seems I was right. Oooo I like my two green thingies :D please don't take my thingies away!!!

I've been wondering what the green thingy is too, I don't miss a trick either & was wondering is it the reputation?...................seems I was right. Oooo I like my two green thingies :D please don't take my thingies away!!!

Here's the explanation from Talon for you!

REPUTATION/KARMA

I am sorry to report that there is no option for a Karma feature as we previously had in the old forum. But I am very excited to report that we now have an equivalent feature. It is a reputation bar......every member automatically has one green bar just for joining. It will appear under their member name when you make a post. Other members may click the reputation icon (the little star symbol) on your post and 'Approve or Disapprove". They may also make a comment regarding your post if they like.

** Please note: ADDING TO ANOTHER'S REPUTATION IS AN OPTION.

As your reputation goes up, you will see more and more bars under your name. Each click will add points up, and after a certain number of points, you will earn another green bar. (It's like an increase in karma) The number of points depends on your post count, reputation power that you earn, and days in membership since the new forum.

If you hold your curser over the green bar, you will see a status that has been pre-determined based on your rep points.

To see your reputation comments and your point total, click on YOUR settings tab.