NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

OMG she got on my arm!!!!!!!!!

kihei

I am so excited right now I cant even speak (which is rare.) I showered and came back downstairs and my husband said "Look who's out" i looked over at her cage and saw she climbed outside of it to the top and was perched there watching me. I wanted to reinforce this, so I took her a treat. Instead of taking the treat with her beak, she put her foot out in the air toward me, so I stepped closer, and SHE GOT ON MY arm!!! I didnt know what to do and was a little frightened...so I waited a minute and told her she was perfect and offered her back to her perch, where she stepped. I am so happy right now! :D:D:D

Very exciting news.

When you see her lift the talon like that, say step-up. This confirms verbally that you recognize her apparent body language. It also lets her know you are going to follow through with offering your arm or hand. If she does not want to step up, you will see her drop her foot.

She is obviously a very socialized grey.

When you get a chance, it would be wonderful to hear her background that the previous owner shared wit you.

Hi everyone, thanks for the encouragement, it was scary but SO thrilling at the same time..talk about a rush. Dan I posted a small account of how I came about bringing her into my family. What is written there is all i really know about her. :)

How exciting that must have been for you Logan - a really good, positive experience for you both! You did exactly the right thing putting her back to her own perch before she decided to go there by herself. She'll be all the more keen to come to you the next time! Excellent!

• Haha 1