NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Scented candles or plug ins

iraide8u

I use a reed diffuser (as advised by my avian vet). They are available all over the place, but don't give off the "vapour" that candles and sprays do.

Judy - do you mean boil some water and add cinnamon? I'd love to try this - I love the smell of cinammon!

I never thought of Beeswax candles Janet - thanks.

I do use the reed diffusers - I love them, I use the old boiling pan of water with some cinnamon in too - lovely. A vanilla pod also gives off a nice natural smell - either in the pan or in the oven - gives you that lovely fresh baked smell!!

When we decided to take on our new little critter I was secretly sad that I had to give up my plug-ins, my scented candles and air freshener sprays because I lovelovelove having a house that smells of fruit/home baking/tropical getaways, ha ha, but I was thrilled to read that I can still use reed diffusers, beeswax and soy candles! A bit more pricey but the quality is usually miles above what I get at the grocery store. Can I still use scented soy wax tarts (the kind you melt with a tea light underneath) if I place it somewhere the bird can't get near it?

This was a total bummer to me...candles are my favorite thing in the world. Next to chocolate. And my teflon cookware. And my avacados. LOL...if only my parrot was just allergic to things I WANT to get rid of..like husbands, and bills, and bosses. :D

You know, I used to really like the Hawaiian scented plug-ins (whatever that is?), but I got rid of them before I got Paco. Now that I haven't been around them for some time, I find them overpowering and nauseating. I guess I'm starting to embrace this more natural lifestyle, God, from the ultimate consumer to tree-hugger from the influence of a half pound bird.