NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

From Rescue to Contentment...Joey's story

Spock

All it takes is love, caring, patience, time and hope...When we first brought Joey home, he was 2 year old Grey; a nail-biting, nervous, neurotic bird. We were so afraid that he would always be introverted and alone. Now he plays with Spock (a Grey), Salsa, (a Greenie or Amazon) and is learning to fly, probably for the first time. He has been a strong influence on teaching Spock to talk and is very social to both of us. He may never cuddle but he loves to sit on our arms and survey all around him. He used to be afraid of everything including the camera...now, as Jillie says, he sure knows how to work that camera...;)

Maggie

230.jpg

234.jpg

226.jpg

And Joey says, "Thank you for making my dream come true. I wanted you and needed you, but I didn't ever think I would have you. Now I do. There are no words, coos or clucks to express how truly grateful I am for your tender care. Love you Mommy and Daddy!!"

Wow! What a gorgeous Grey! Thanks for sharing his story. I love that he has taken on a big-brother role for Spock, although I'm sure Spock will deny it, before putting me into a Mind-Meld to try to convince me otherwise. The joke will be on him though, he can try as he might, my head is empty. LOL!