NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Spock's Better!!!

Jayd

:rolleyes: It has been an eventful few weeks...small ups and downs...his weight has been holding very well at 440 to 445grams after the big bomb in the morning. He is eating a larger variety of different foods but no pellets yet. His feathers still look bad and he is still over-preening and molting. He is a lot more affectionate and enjoys spending more personal time with Maggie and I.:o

We feel one of the main contributing factors is your positive prayers, thoughts and posts. We read them to him everyday and he responds with "Good Water". And, yes, he is still as active as all his posts indicate. In fact, this morning he teamed up with Joey and ganged up on poor Salsa who had snuck into Joey's cage for a little quiet time...He also literally buzzed Tango (and brushed up against her) as he flew around her and her cage this morning, setting up a horrible ruckus as you can probably imagine...:rolleyes:

Here is some current photos taken today. Again, I apologize for the old photos on the King Spock post...

Maggie and Jayd

Note: Spock's eating 40cc's of "Lafaber's" Baby formula that is "Rice based"...Every night...

029-5.jpg

026-2.jpg

006-6.jpg

001-7.jpg

Edited by Jayd

Thats wonderful news Jay, I've no doubt that those prayers are helping and your tender loving care hasn't hurt either. Yes he does look rough but it will take some time for that to work itself out and indeed he will, at least he is up to his old shenigans, thats our Spock, we love him dearly.

Hey you guys - ganging up on Salsa like that. I ought a fly over there for a male to male talkin' to.... You can't treat my emerald like that! Anyhow, I'm really glad you're goin' strong - Salsa you keep lookin' out for Spock. He's a good bird even though he's a pain in the tail feathers at times!

AmazonDay4011.jpg

Edited by SunnyBird

Maggie and Jay, it's so great to hear that Spock is feeling better. It been a rocky road for a while but the love and care you have been giving Spock has ensured his recovery.

Love the photos - although it looks like there is some serious outnumbering going on there!! Lol!

Thanks for the update.

He looks great--weight sounds great. Now get some solid macaroni like gnocchi. Use tomato sauce on it and let him hold it. It's like a dough ball. Will be messy but worth it. It's good for the internals periodically. You and Maggie will like it too. Matter of fact, give it to all the birds.

Thank you Dave will get some today..He eats a little plain "Orzo" 1/2 tsp 2 times a day. Will feed him "Gnocchi and tomato sauce" for dinner tonight.[for him and us]

We'll let you know Spock's opinion... Jayd

Thats wonderful news!

Actually, Spock may look a little gruffy at the moment, but once the molting is done and all those new feathers are fully in. I'll bet he will look right as rain.

He doesn't seem to think he is in bad shape at all from the activities he is performing in watching over and ruling his kingdom.

Live long and prosper Spock, you rock!!! :-)