NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

When does puberty start?

chezron

Janet is right, thats why they call them the terrible twos but you may or may not experience any difference in your grey as I didn't see any major changes in Josey, she has been pretty much the same but some of the other members might have a different story to tell.

3yrs to 4 yrs--puberty---sexually aware:confused:---has heard about it but too afraid of that knowledge and what to do with it.

5/6 yrs on up----young adult---sexually mature:cool:---knows how to do it--it's time to go out and practice and refine the technique before settling down.

1 1/2yrs to 2 1/2 yrs----pain in the ass:(--the age says it all and the owners says it all.

Edited by Dave007

Thank you for the information. Brutus is just turning two and I had a suspicion... He is acting more dominant with our other bird, and showing off for me. Plus, he makes a special cooing kind of noise when he sees me that he never made before. And he is into EVERYTHING and scared of nothing! I have developed eyes on the back of my head to keep him out of harms way. Regurgitating, etc.

They're classified as babies until you feel he's not a baby. Official average time until they change their personality and start acting like greys is about 1 yr old. My greys are much older adults but they're still my babies.

Even the ones I adopted.

I hope Whiskey doesn't change too much, he is very sweet and gentle right now. We have recently added a 5 year old Amazon to our flock and she is a royal pain. She really doesn't like me but loves my husband. She makes the sweetest, funniest sounds and I like watching her, but I just can't handle her. She is definitely in mating mode right now, so hopefully her agression will subside once that does, but man. I hope I am not heded for that with my baby grey.