NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

volcanic ash

she

As you will know all out air space is grounded because of the eruption of a volcano in Iceland. I have kept my two birds inside as a precaution. People with breathing difficulties have been advised to carry inhalers at all times so I am worried about the affect on the birds. Am I being paranoid or am I doing the right thing. It is a shame to keep them in as the weather is perfect.

You aren't being paranoid Sheila - the fallout is fine glass dust. It has started falling here - and yesterday my mam's car had a fine film on in. I think because I live next to the coast and it's a bit windier it isn't settling as badly here - but my mam's a bit more inland. I can't believe that on Thursday they were telling us that it could have no effect on your health. HOW - it has to come down somewhere - it's not going to float around forever!

What goes up must come down but what is amazing to me is Julie said the sky looked clear, that to be outside it was as if nothing was amiss but it was high in the sky where they can't see it, high up where the planes have to travel. The fallout must be like the pollen here that is covering everything right now, spring is in full bloom.

Ahhhh the dreaded volcanic ash. I wouldn't take in any if you can help it. I remember in 1980 when Mt. St. Helen's blew we have ash everywhere. People from other states asked if we could get some for them. I just went outside and scraped it off my car and sent it to them!!!