NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The gang

esknomoe

We bought Echo from a breeder. Phoebe, the Conure, had been quite neglected and just left in a spare bedroom for about three years. She was only fed mostly seeds, and has an overgrown beak because of fatty liver disease. We're working on the diet; and trimming her beak back, little by little. The Vet doesn't know if we'll ever get it back to completely normal.

I was never a "bird" person until last year, when we adopted Phoebe from her previous owner. My girlfriend has had a Quaker and a Cockatiel, years ago; and kept talking to me about how cool parrots are. I was raised on a farm, and was always around larger animals; horses, dogs, etc. The only birds I was ever around was chickens, ducks, geese, and turkeys. We currently have 5 dogs. After getting Phoebe, I began doing a lot of reading about various parrots, and decided I wanted a Grey and a Ringneck. Last Christmas we got Echo, from a breeder. About 6 weeks ago, we became aware of someone looking for a new home for Brutus, our Grey; so we quickly became "bird" people.

I am a fairly new bird person myself, I grew up on a farm and only had dogs and cats for pets though we had a couple of parakeets at one time. My son gave me a pair of finches one year for Christmas and then I was hooked but wanted a larger bird that I could handle and I got my sun conure, she whetted my appetite for a larger bird and hence I have my grey.

Oh they are so sweet, with lovely colouring. I always say it - but I couldn't manage more than Harvey - he's got me run ragged all the time anyway! I can't imagine bringing another one in - I would have grey hair in a matter of months! Thanks for sharing these, they are beautiful.