NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Give me an A,V,I,A,T,O,R - What have you got "Aviator"!!

JillyBeanz

I came in from work this afternoon, and it's beautiful here in the UK and I decided to go into the garden to have a coffee. I just remarked to Harvey - "come on then, let's give the harness a try". I gave him a monkey nut and I started arranging the harness to slip over him. He just sat there! He grumbled a bit, but didn't bite or squawk and off into the garden we went!

I am so proud of him (and me lol) for getting it back on - perhaps the summer with Harvey isn't the wash out I thought it was going to be!

16042010472.jpg

and even decided to have a bit of a scratch:

16042010473.jpg

Edited by JillyBeanz

Thats great. They really enjoy getting out in the sunshine. I had Cracker in the aviary today but told him not to fly incase his engine got clogged up with the volcanic ash lol. Harvey looks great,well done.

Well, it wasn't a flook! I've been in the garden again with Harvey - bit more of a task to put it on (he was jumping out of it and out of the way of me) but no bititing! I do hope we've turned the corner. I'm going to keep putting it on him so that he can "remember" how good it was last year out in the garden!

Dawn, I'm not pretending it's easy! It took me no time to get it on last year (he was just a baby) but this year - nope, he was having none of it - until all of a sudden he turned over a new leaf and decided it would probably be better if he weren't left inside whilst we were outside! Take it easy, take it slowly - it isn't a job for the faint hearted (but then again, neither is owning an African Grey)!!!

• 1 month later...

Right! I hate him again!!! The weather has been lovely for the last 3 - 4 days here and I have tried with all my might to try and get him into his harness - to absolutely no avail - I'm back to square one again! I've been trying two or three times a week and up until two weeks ago he was accepting it. Nothing has happened to turn him against the harness, but he will not tolerate it again :( I've just been out in the garden for a coffee and he's had to go in his cage :( Hopefully the reality will hit him soon!!! :)

Right! I hate him again!!! The weather has been lovely for the last 3 - 4 days here and I have tried with all my might to try and get him into his harness - to absolutely no avail - I'm back to square one again! I've been trying two or three times a week and up until two weeks ago he was accepting it. Nothing has happened to turn him against the harness, but he will not tolerate it again :( I've just been out in the garden for a coffee and he's had to go in his cage :( Hopefully the reality will hit him soon!!! :)

I'm sorry Jill! They sure can be confusing with that harness... but I expect he will change his mind soon :) Good luck!

I'm sorry Jill! They sure can be confusing with that harness... but I expect he will change his mind soon :) Good luck!

Ha Ha! I put him in his cage and went into the garden - I could hear him contact calling the whole time I was out there, so I thought - what the heck, I'll try again! So, I came in and put the harness on! I've just brought him in - it's 5.50pm here in the UK and it's just starting to get a little bit cold and windy (I live on the North East coast - not known for it's spectacular weather)!!! What's with this flipping bird! Hormones - he mightn't be DNAd male - but all the pointers are there.........;)