NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Buying bird from another owner

boswell2k1

It must have been the pictures, because what I see in the last two photos tell a different story, that looks like a nice looking grey. I am thinking you are going to purchase this grey, am I right, I would, but a vet visit is mandatory. She looks like a very sweet bird, I say go for it, she needs your tender loving care.:)

He looks like a plucker, but the cause of that could be many reasons. A lot of the times, that can be cured, if it hasn't gone on too long. I would easily spend the $400 just to rescue that bird, I wouldn't care about the vet bills, he needs to be put in a loving home where he can get the care he needs. Thats all that matters to me.

:) Give the poor guy a chance....:dry:

I'm definately buying this bird. I'll have a vet appointment setup right away. The lady is selling it because she doesn't have time to spend with it anymore. Can someone give me some advice as far as socializing with this bird right away? How long before I should attempt to handle it excessively? Thanks again, everyone. Your support and advice has been great.<br><br>Post edited by: boswell2k1, at: 2007/08/10 15:34

Boswell, be sure to keep us informed of what you do, we are very curious about this cute grey and congrats on taking this one in and giving it a loving home.

As far as handling it, play it by ear, let her decide how much and how close you get with touch and such, don't push her, allow her some space and plenty of time to get used to you. I think she will be fine in time but when dealing with a rehome, it requires more patience than dealing with a baby grey.