NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Funny Emma moment today...

lovethatgrey

Today I had Emma perched on my hand. I took her into the kitchen and asked her " would you like some water?"

Emma said… "Hold on Poopie" (yes she calls me Poopie all the time)

then she flipped herself over so she was hanging upside down while still hanging on my hand and looks at me and says.. "how ya doing?"

So much for asking her a serious question huh?

It's very surreal to me as well Judy. She started doing this about 3 weeks ago and does the flipping upside down every single time. I'm not sure if she enjoys the head rush but she seems to LOVE it and continues to do it each and every time. It's actually quite funny to see me walk across the room with an african grey hanging upside down beside me. When she does this, I bring my arm down, and hang it by my side and hold on to her like I were holding a bag of groceries!! LOL!! She's such a silly girlie. I really had no clue that having an african grey would be like this. I'm glad I took the risk .. otherwise I would have thought that I couldn't handle such an active parrot.

I'd love Harvey to swing upside down - he's just started hanging on a wooden toy from his tree, but every time I try to turn him upside down he panics and "beaks" at me to get himself upright again. He doesn't like it! I'd love him to do it too! Every time we see Emma she is upside down - she clearly loves it! Lucky you!!!