NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Spoiled Tag

Codys Mom

ok is Rudy spoiled or not? she will be 1 year old May 2nd and she is turning into a velcro bird or can it be that since we have added another bird that she is craving more attention , she has just gotten this way over the last 2 or 3 weeks and she has turned into a real cuddler , she wants to be cuddled every night before she goes to bed for at least a good half hour to an hour ,I just wondered if this is typical for her age or is she a little spoiled?

I can't help but wonder how much attention Rudy gets during the course of the entire day? Remember, they need a minimum of 45 minutes of dedicated time from us each day. I'm currently working full-time and going to university (nearly) full-time. I find that when I get caught up with the business of my day, Paco is more "needy" and attentive. So, at the very least, I give him my last hour of the day where he cuddles into my neck for scratches. Paco will be a year in June, so he is just behind Rudy, but I wouldn't say she's spoiled, just that you are lucky! LOL! I

It's your bird's way of finding reassurance from you that he's still the #1 bird. It has nothing to do with being spoiled. A second bird can upset the apple cart and what he's doing is seeing that you picked up that apple cart and put it back in it's usual place. Not to worry.

she will always be the number one bird here and she gets lots of attention so she isn't lacking attention in any way in fact she gets more then the other birds ,Opey my quaker is number 2 bird but he pretty much occupies his time with his toys and food and he still gets along great with Rudy and my other quaker , but I try to give them all one on one personal attention especially on my off days , from 9am until 8:30pm they all get one on one attention, on my works days it's kinda hard but I get up early just to make sure everyone gets alot of attention before I have to go to work that afternoon