NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Joey FLIES!!!

Spock

Joey, our rescue Grey was clipped quite short when we got him and we don't know if he even knew how to fly before we got him. When he would first perch on Jay's hand, Jay would exercise his wings by lifting him up and down, forcing him to eventually to flap his wings. His outer flight feathers have grown in before his inner flight feathers. He has made a few flights on a downward angle but he doesn't know how to stop forward momentum and ends up crashing but has not been harmed. Today, he finally got enough lift and flew out about seven feet high, cleared the living-room/kitchen divider, made a sharp right turn and almost gracefully landed by Jay at the counter by the window. This was the first time he's made a turn without running into anything. (Landed like a gooney bird) He stepped up on Jay's finger and stood proud and tall! You could honestly see that he was proud of himself.:woohoo: Greys are truly amazing at expressing emotions...He stood there tall, feathers smooth, eyes open wide, said "ORT?" and gave Jay a couple of kisses on his nose and just looked at Spock who was on Jay's head...

You could see him shine and he knew it...:lol:

Maggie

I am so proud of Joey as I am sure you are too, you dang skippy he was proud of himself for what he accomplished, if greys could grin his would be from ear to ear, look for more and greater flights in the near future, there is no stopping him now.

Thanks for sharing that momentous occasion with us,:pinch: look out here comes Joey!:cheer: :lol:

Joey was wing clipped before we got him, pretty bad clip and inner flight feathers have been real slow coming back in. It's taken a year for them to grow back as far as they have...It's kind of neat that on his first flight he flew to me.... :)

Jayd<br><br>Post edited by: Jayd, at: 2010/04/10 14:32

Well done Joey! It is his time to amaze and delight with his newfound flight skills. I am glad he was determined to get to Jay and it propelled him to try something new. The whole house must have been in on that celebration. Good for all of you.