NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

GRAND NATIONAL

she

I live just a few minuites away from Aintree race course where the grand national takes place this saturday.I will give you all a wave if I get on tv lol.My tip for the the race is a horse called Hello Bud.Simpley because I always say that to Charlie and he says it to me . PLEASE DONT PUT YOUR LIFE SAVINGS ON IT THOUGH LOL.

LOL got to have a sense of humor with those tips. I hate when any animal is injured or killed but these horses are born to run. They are going to run all out weather on a track or in a pasture they love and live to run. They are magnificent to watch and so beautiful in action it does make an accident of any kind that much harder to watch/accept when you see them flying over those jumps and running with their hearts. The great ones seem to appreciate a victory as well as their humans.

Lol - will do Sheila - although I can only watch the re-run once I know all the horses got through it ok!

Horses are certainly born to run, but not to jump apparantly - I once read somewhere that cows are more anatomically suited to jumping than horses!

I do love to watch horses, but think once a course, such as the Grand National has claimed more than one equine life, it should be found only in the history books. Jmho!

Have fun tomorrow though Sheila! It'll still make a good day out.

I am not actually going to the course just that I live near by. I don't watch racing for the reasons you all give. Having had horses myself it saddens me when these magnificent animals are hurt. I also believe their life isn't as good as it's made out to be.i do get caught up in the atmosphere of the city though during the national meeting.

Don't worry Sheila - I totally understand how important the Grand National is to the area and the economy of Liverpool - you certainly don't have to defend it - and also have a ton of friends invading your space this weekend (I apologise in advance)!

In case any of you didn't get it (which clearly none of you have) CREOSOTE on FENCES - come on - like I know anything about horse racing :laugh:

{Feel-good-0002006E}{Feel-good-0002006E}

Haha Jill - didn't get that at all!!

Sorry Sheila - I misunderstood - I did think it odd that you would go in for that though! I've had an ex-racer too, and have also worked in a race yard, and no, they don't all have the best of life! After working there I know why my boy came to me all bitey and grumpy, but he turned out to be the sweetest horse absolutely full character!

I just heard on the radio that 3 horses died at Aintree today.