NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A little progress...

jessdecutie18

It seems Yoshi has lost 3 flight feathers so far, and 2 new feathers are already growing in! :) Little black tips are pointing out of strong sheaths. Yoshi doesn’t mind me lifting her wings that much anymore, as I’ve been doing it so much to check her feathers. I wish the rest of those clipped feathers would hurry up and fall out! She doesn’t seem irritated with her new feathers… and she is getting a good soaking 2 times a week in showers with me. It’s exciting, I want her to be able to fly :)

The yelling is still very constant and very loud… driving my husband nuts by now but we keep either saying no and putting her in her cage (if she is yelling in the same room) and if she is yelling in another room we usually completely ignore it. Sometimes, Yoshi will be attempting to talk, making all these weird sounds, in between loud shrieks… I don’t want to say NO! and confuse her that I don’t want her to talk… it’s a bit difficult.

Congrats on the feather development. Yoshi sound like a real doll. I haven't read your other posts on yelling. I hope some of the more experienced moderators gave you advice on that. Most of the time when they vocallize from another room they are trying to make contact with you. They want to know where you are and just talking back to them quiets them. Then again, my experience is limited. When Tobie yells he usually yells "where's mama" or "Hello".

Ana Grey has her shrieks which are usually her "hey where are you" What you going" calls. I answer these with the proper words. Then there are her practicing sessions which I can identify because I can recognize some words or cadence sounds. I answer these with the proper phrase. If they are clear, "What you doing" I say, I'm cleaning up your mess" or whatever. If they are phrases that are not very clear I answer with a clear repeat of what she is trying to say.

On another note, she has gotten into the habit of sitting on my computer screen and pecking the button to turn the screen off and I swat at her and tell her "stop it"! This is a great phrase of hers now and she loves to say it back!!! :laugh: :ohmy: :laugh: