NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Spock updater

Jayd

:) Hi all, it just occurred to us that we have not done a Spock update for a little while so we thought we would let you know how he was doing...

At this time we are "cautiously optimistic"...he seems to be holding his weight in the mornings (after his big bomb) and his appetite has increased. He has changed the foods he is eating but we still can't get him to eat oatmeal or pellets. :P :pinch: Besides his standard diet, he is eating more organic rice and his split peas (green and yellow) along with his lentils. He is also eating a 1/4 slice of multi-grain wheat bread with peanut butter and he is eating his tuna sandwiches again. Last night he ate about about an ounce of chicken breast with his baked potato.:woohoo:

He still tires out in the evening and you can see his bags under his eyes and he is molting... A bit of encouraging note, he ceased his eating during his sleep period (11-12 hours) and he is still maintaining 435 to 442 grams every morning. His chest is still protruding and his crop is still sunken but he is somewhat more cuddly and affectionate...:unsure:

We are keeping our fingers and toes crossed....thank you all for your constant support and prayers...

Jay and Maggie

062.jpg

079-1.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Jayd, at: 2010/03/30 22:50

It's so good to hear Spock is maintaining his weight - that surely must be a good sign? And you must be thrilled he is being more cuddly with you. Perhaps having Joey take the wheel for a while is letting Spock have a little rest?!!:laugh:

Keep on improving Spock - we're all rooting for you! x

That picture of his close-up is mesmerizing, he is looking good. I am so glad he is enjoying a tuna sandwich again, it was his favorite to steal away from your lunch. Your commitment to helping Spock is inspiring. I wouldn't have had the heart to try again and to take Kopi with his challenges if it weren't for watching others like you taking one day at a time and just enjoying what we have while we have it. Spock is always in my heart and thoughts and I hope he continues to put this behind him and it remains a mystery and distant memory.